June 13, 2017
Gilpin Givhan partner, John Weiss, presented an educational session at the Alabama Hospital Association annual meeting in June. Mr Weiss discussed the ramifications of the recent focus by the Department of Justice and HHS Office of Inspector General on individuals involved in corporate investigations. In addition to review of recent settlements and cases reflective of the new focus expressed in the “Yates Memo”, Mr Weiss outlined various actions hospitals and other health providers should consider to avoid being the center of civil or criminal investigations. Primary among those actions is development of a “culture of compliance” through a vibrant and effective compliance program. *(new paragraph)* Mr. Weiss has over 30 years’ experience in representing hospitals and other health providers with regard to various regulatory compliance matters.
- Gilpin Givhan’s Response to COVID-19
- UPDATE - SBA Offers Disaster Loan Program
- SBA Offers Disaster Loan Program
- The Impact of the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act on Small Business
- Expanded Telehealth Access and Enforcement Discretion