October 28, 2020
This information was originally published as a Consumer Alert by the Alabama Department of Insurance on October 20, 2020.
The Alabama Department of Insurance has approved the final 2021 premium rates for the Affordable Care Act Individual Market in Alabama. The rates will be effective on January 1, 2021. The two carriers in the Alabama individual market are Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama and Bright Health Insurance Company of Alabama. In general, rates for BCBS increased five percent and rates for BHIC increased 22 percent. The actual rates and the supporting material may be found by clicking on the links below.
Consumers with an insurance question may contact the Alabama Department of Insurance, Consumer Services Division, using the contact information below. The Department also maintains a Live Chat feature for consumers at our website at www.aldoi.gov. A representative will be happy to help answer your questions.
For more information, call the Alabama Department of Insurance at (334) 269-3550.
- HealthCare.Gov Open Enrollment Begins November 1
- Governor Ivey Issues Narrow COVID-19 State of Emergency Declaration Providing Flexability to Heathcare Providers
- ACA Rate Changes for Alabama Policies in the Individual Market
- Roth IRA - Use of DISC to Exceed Contribution Limit
- Restaurant Revitalization Grants Included in New Aid Package