Charlie regularly advises families, businesses, fiduciaries, and advisors on a wide-variety of matters ranging from business entity formations to complex estate and trust administrations. His practice is primarily focused in the areas of tax, business law, and trusts & estates. Charlie frequently advises his clients on income taxation, estate and trust litigation, asset protection, and business succession matters. Charlie prioritizes understanding the clients’ goals and providing solutions in a tax-efficient manner. Outside the office, Charlie is an avid fisherman.
- Advised a multi-national investment fund manager regarding certain crypto-currency transactions.
- Implemented year-end gift transactions of closely-held business interests.
- Advised families regarding sensitive estate planning, trust planning, and business succession planning matters.
- Formed, amended, and dissolved numerous Alabama business entities including limited liability companies, corporations, and a limited liability partnership.
- Designed and implemented Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts in connection with wealth transfer planning.
Memberships and Affiliations >
- Alabama State Bar, Section of Taxation
- American Bar Association, Sections of Taxation and Business Law
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law 2020
- J.D. Samford University, Cumberland School of Law 2019
- B.A. Economics, Auburn University 2016
- B.S. Finance, Auburn University 2016