Charlie regularly advises families, businesses, fiduciaries, and advisors on a wide-variety of matters ranging from business entity formations to complex estate and trust administrations. His practice is primarily focused in the areas of tax, business planning and estate planning with an emphasis on business succession planning. Charlie frequently counsels clients in a variety of areas including income tax, transfer tax, asset protection, and business succession priorities. Charlie prioritizes understanding the clients’ goals and providing solutions in a tax-friendly manner. Outside the office, Charlie is an avid fisherman.
- Advised a multi-national investment fund manager regarding certain crypto-currency transactions.
- Implemented year-end gift transactions of closely-held business interests.
- Advised families regarding sensitive estate planning, trust planning, and business succession planning matters.
- Formed, amended, and dissolved numerous Alabama business entities including limited liability companies, corporations, and a limited liability partnership.
Memberships and Affiliations >
- Alabama State Bar, Section of Taxation
- American Bar Association, Sections of Taxation and Business Law
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law 2020
- J.D. Samford University, Cumberland School of Law 2019
- B.A. Economics, Auburn University 2016
- B.S. Finance, Auburn University 2016