July 12, 2017
Gilpin Givhan recently announced that Seth Capper has joined the firm as an associate in the Taxation Practice Group and the Business Organizations & Transactions Practice Group. A recent graduate of the Master of Laws in Taxation program at New York University, Mr. Capper will work to structure and administer complex transactions from a tax perspective to fit our clients’ business objectives.
"Tax law touches every part of our economy, and our clients across all industries look to us for counsel in this area,” stated Davis Smith, Managing Partner. “Seth has a strong analytical mind and a desire to work within different areas of the law. We are thrilled to welcome him to Gilpin Givhan and introduce him to our clients who rely on our firm for this advice.”
Mr. Capper earned his B.A in Economics from Vanderbilt University and while there, studied abroad at the London School of Economics. He received his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law, where he was Notes Editor of the Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Law Review and a member of the Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society.
Prior to attending NYU, Mr. Capper served as law clerk to the Honorable Christian M. Comer on the 23rd Judicial Circuit of Alabama, after which he practiced for two years at a Birmingham firm specializing in trusts and estates.
Gilpin Givhan provides a wide range of legal services to clients in Alabama in major practice areas that include taxation, business transactions, estates and trusts, health care, commercial real estate, litigation, and municipal and public financing.
- Weiss Encourages Culture of Compliance at AlaHA Leadership Forum
- Gilpin Givhan Wins Ethics Award
- Gilpin Givhan Named a 2018 “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®
- Gilpin Givhan Attorneys Receive Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® and Martindale-Hubbell™
- Health Law Lawyers of Gilpin Givhan, PC Offer Annual One Day Health Law Update Seminar for the Alabama Hospital Association