June 13, 2017
Gilpin Givhan partner, John Weiss, presented an educational session at the Alabama Hospital Association annual meeting in June. Mr Weiss discussed the ramifications of the recent focus by the Department of Justice and HHS Office of Inspector General on individuals involved in corporate investigations. In addition to review of recent settlements and cases reflective of the new focus expressed in the “Yates Memo”, Mr Weiss outlined various actions hospitals and other health providers should consider to avoid being the center of civil or criminal investigations. Primary among those actions is development of a “culture of compliance” through a vibrant and effective compliance program. *(new paragraph)* Mr. Weiss has over 30 years’ experience in representing hospitals and other health providers with regard to various regulatory compliance matters.
- Weiss Encourages Culture of Compliance at AlaHA Leadership Forum
- Gilpin Givhan Wins Ethics Award
- Gilpin Givhan Named a 2018 “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®
- Gilpin Givhan Attorneys Receive Recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® and Martindale-Hubbell™
- Health Law Lawyers of Gilpin Givhan, PC Offer Annual One Day Health Law Update Seminar for the Alabama Hospital Association