Gregg is a member of the Health Care practice group. Gregg works extensively on trade association compliance matters, Medicare and Medicaid matters, health insurance issues, Joint Commission compliance, quality assurance, physician recruitment and retention, and risk management issues. In addition, he advises on regulatory compliance matters under EMTALA, and the Stark law, and other issues affecting both non-profit and for-profit health care entities. Gregg also advises hospitals across the state on legislative issues. He served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President for the Alabama Hospital Association (AlaHA) 1994 – 2011. For eight years before joining AlaHa, Gregg was the General Counsel for a large hospital where he participated in forging positive relationships between hospitals and physicians as well as developing successful partnerships with administrators and the medical staff.
Gregg is a frequent lecturer (locally, statewide, and nationally) on a wide array of health care issues.
Before joining a health service organization, Gregg was law clerk to Senior Associate Justice Hugh Maddox of the Alabama Supreme Court. He is an Adjunct Professor in the Graduate School at Auburn University at Montgomery. He is on the Boards of the Gift of Life Foundation and Hospice of Montgomery.
- Represented and advised health care providers on applications for Certificates of Need
- Represented providers before Medicare and Medicaid, as well as state regulatory boards
- Served as special counsel to the Alabama legislature
- Advised trade associations on legislative efforts and operational issues
Memberships and Affiliations >
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Alabama Council of Association Executives
- Alabama State Bar Association
- B.S., Auburn University, 1971
- M.Ed., Auburn University, 1973
- J.D., University of Alabama, 1983
- Alabama Super Lawyers, Health Care Law
- AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell
Presentations and Publications >
- Cumberland School of Law Annual Health Care Symposium (1999–2017)
- "Advance Directives? DNR? What Do We Do?," Alabama Assisted Living Association (May 2013)
- "Federal & State Hospital Update," for Alabama Hospital Association, Gilpin Givhan, PC, (2012 and 2013)
- Annual Update on Alabama Legislation for Warren, Averett, Kimbrough and Marino (2010 and 2011)
- Annual Meeting of Alabama Association of Sleep Professionals (2011 and 2012)
- Annual Meeting of Alabama AAHIM/HFMA (2010)
- Health Care Reform for the Alabama Automobile Dealers Association (2013)
- Presentations on various aspects of Health Law to the Alabama Council of Association Executives (2015 and 2016)
- Alabama State Chiropractic Association 2017 Summer Meeting: Update on Laws Affecting the Profession of Chiropractic.
- Supreme Court of Alabama