Kenny Williamson Keith
Direct Dial: 205-547-5557
- Alabama, 2003
- Mississippi, 2004
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Alabama Nursing Home Association
- Assisted Living Association of Alabama
- Medical Group Management Association of Alabama
- Samford University, B.S., 1981
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham, M.S.N., Infection Control, with honors, 1984
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., cum laude, 2003
- Editor-in-Chief, Cumberland Law Review
- Member of the Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board
- “Medicare Changes,” Client Alert, April 5, 2004.
- Author of Proving Causation in Acts of Bioterrorism, 33 CUMB. L. REV. 610 (2003).
Kenny is a member of the Health Care practice group. Her practice focuses all aspects of health care, including counseling and representing clients on issues involving billing and reimbursement including appeals of reimbursement denials, certificate of need, contracting health care liability litigation, medical malpractice defense, home health care, hospice care, nursing home and senior housing, professional licensure matters including those before the Alabama Board of Pharmacy, the Alabama Board of Dental Examiners, drug diversion investigation, physician practices, privacy and confidentiality and regulatory compliance.
Drawing on past experience as a Registered Nurse, an Associate Professor at UAB’s School of Nursing, and a private consultant on epidemiology and community health nursing. Kenny brings a wealth of practical knowledge and experience in assisting clients on compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, state and professional licensure issues, practice issues, malpractice defense and general business and contract advice.
Kenny frequently speaks to national, state and local professional organizations on topics including regulatory compliance, drug diversion prevention strategies, privacy and confidentiality laws, and litigation risk management.
While attending law school, Kenny won both the Donworth Freshman Moot Court Competition and the Saad Senior Moot Court Competition. She was also awarded the Order of the Barrister and is a member of Phi Kappa Phi, Omicron Delta Kappa and Sigma Theta Tau honor societies. She is a member of Cumberland School of Law Curia Honoris.
Kenny has a keen interest in Civil War history and has spoken to over 50 civic and professional groups on Civil War medicine. She is an Arabian horse enthusiast, and serves as the equestrian program consultant for Camp Winnataska. In her spare time, she and her family enjoy riding, hiking and traveling.
Contact This Attorney
To contact Kenny Keith, enter your email address and the message you want to send below. All fields are required.