John A. Howard Jr.
Direct Dial: 334-409-2230
- Alabama State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Alabama
- United States Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate, & Trust Section of the American Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Montgomery Lions Club
- B.A., Hampden-Sydney College, 1997 (Spanish & Political Science, Double Major)
- J.D ., Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 2000
- “Rising Star” in Real Estate by Alabama Super Lawyers in 2010
- Member of the University of Alabama School of Real Estate Leadership Council (ACRE Leadership Council)
- Cumberland School of Law Honor Court Justice
- Scholar of Merit Awards
- Member, Board of Editors, The American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Author, “New Developments in Internet Law: The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) and ICANN's Dispute Resolution Policy,” American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Spring 2000
John Allen Howard, Jr. is a member of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate, Bankruptcy and Litigation practice groups. He has substantial experience representing governmental entities, landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, developers, and lenders in all facets of real estate transactions. John frequently handles commercial and residential closings, and advises clients with regard to leasing, annexation, zoning, title, environmental, financing and other development issues. His work includes apartment complexes, retail centers, manufacturing facilities, office buildings, and mixed use land developments. John writes title insurance for First American Title Insurance Company. John also assists clients with foreclosure, collection, eviction, condemnation, and quiet title actions.
Beyond his law practice, John serves on the Revolving Loan Committee of the Central Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission and on the Board of Directors of the Britton YMCA. He also participates in the Alabama State Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program and serves as a legal advisor to Historic Southview, Inc., an Alabama non-profit corporation.
Contact This Attorney
To contact John Howard, enter your email address and the message you want to send below. All fields are required.