Gregg Brantley Everett
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Alabama Super Lawyers
- Alabama State Bar Association
- B.S., Auburn University, 1971
- M.Ed., Auburn University, 1973
- J.D., University of Alabama, 1983
- "Advance Directives? DNR? What Do We Do?," Alabama Assisted Living Association (May, 2013)
- "Federal & State Hospital Update," for Alabama Hospital Association, Gilpin Givhan, PC, (2012 and 2013)
- Cumberland School of Law Annual Health Care Symposium (1999–2013)
- Annual Update on Alabama Legislation for Warren, Averett, Kimbrough and Marino (2010 and 2011)
- Annual Meeting of Alabama Association of Sleep Professionals (2011 and 2012)
- Annual Meeting of Alabama AAHIM/HFMA (2010)
- Health Care Reform for the Alabama Automobile Dealers Association (2013)
Gregg Brantley Everett is “of counsel” to the firm and a member of the Health Care, practice group. He served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President for the Alabama Hospital Association (AlaHA) 1994 – 2011. Through Gregg’s years at AlaHA, he worked extensively on Medicare and Medicaid matters, health insurance issues, Joint Commission compliance, quality assurance, physician recruitment and retention, and risk management issues. In addition, he dealt with regulatory compliance matters under EMTALA, and the Stark law, and other issues affecting both non-profit and for-profit healthcare entities. Gregg also dealt with legislative issues for hospitals across the state. For eight years before joining the Alabama Hospital Association, Gregg was the General Counsel for a large hospital where he participated in forging positive relationships between hospitals and physicians as well as developing successful partnerships with administrators and the medical staff.
Gregg is a frequent lecturer (locally, statewide, and nationally) on a wide array of health care issues.
Before joining a health service organization, Gregg was law clerk to Senior Associate Justice Hugh Maddox of the Alabama Supreme Court. He is an Adjunct Professor in the Graduate School at Auburn University Montgomery and has served as special counsel to the Alabama Legislature. He is on the Boards of the Gift of Life Foundation and Hospice of Montgomery. He was selected as one of the top lawyers in Alabama in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Contact This Attorney
To contact Gregg Everett, enter your email address and the message you want to send below. All fields are required.