David M. Hunt
Direct Dial: 205-547-5552
- Alabama, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama
- Alabama Nursing Home Association “Long Term Care and the Law” seminar, January 22, 2008: “Arbitration in Long Term Care: Update on Alabama Law”
- Alabama Nursing Home Association “Legal Compliance for Nursing Homes” seminar, January 24, 2007: “Corporate Compliance Programs”
- 14th Annual Nursing Home Law Seminar, February 22, 2002; ”The New HIPAA Privacy Rules: You can do it”
- Alabama Nursing Home Association Mid–Year Convention, April 30 – May 1, 2001; “HIPAA Privacy Rules: Here Come the Feds..... Again”
- Basic Requirements of the New HIPAA Regulations, August 16, 2001, Presented to the Birmigham Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants
- Confidentiality of Medical Records and HIPAA Issues in Alabama, February 8, 2002; “History and Overview of HIPAA” and “Basic Concepts and Requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rules”
- Exploring Hospital/Physician Relationships In Alabama, June 28, 2001; “Hospital-Physician Joint Ventures” and “Physician Employment Agreements”
- Health Care Corporate Compliance Programs In Alabama, April 18, 2002; “Incorporating HIPAA Requirements Into Your Corporate Compliance Plan”
- Health Law in Alabama: The Legal Implications of Managed Care and Reimbursement, March 13, 2001; “Buying and Selling Medical Practices” and “Hospital-Physician Joint Ventures”
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (Alabama) Annual Institute, May 29 – June 1, 2001; “HIPAA Privacy Rules: Here Come the Feds..... Again”
- HIPAA Compliance – Understanding and Implementing The Security and Privacy Regulations In Alabama, June 6, 2002; “Implementation of HIPAA Privacy Requirements”
- Preparing for Informal Dispute Resolution and HIPAA Update, April 12, 2002; sponsored by the Alabama Nursing Home Association
- The New Federal Mandates, “HIPAA Compliance in the Real World”, June 13, 2003
- Co–author of “Breakfast Briefing Q&A”, Client Alert, June 6, 2003.
- “Unveiling The Mysteries Of The HIPAA Privacy Rules“, January 2003.
- “The New HIPAA Privacy Rules: You Can Do It!”, April 2002.
- Changes Proposed To HIPAA Privacy Rules‘ Client Alert, May 2002.
- “HIPAA Privacy Rules: Here Come the Feds..... Again,” Client Alert, May 31, 2001.
- Co–Author “The Changing Relationship Between Physicians and Hospitals,” Alabama Medicine (1994).
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Rice University, B.A., 1988
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1991
David is a member of the Health Care practice group. His practice is focused on billing and reimbursement, certificate of need, health care liability litigation, nursing home and senior housing, physician practices and regulatory compliance. David regularly assists health care providers such as physicians, hospitals, nursing homes and home health agencies in a wide variety of legal areas, including corporate organizations, regulatory compliance and litigation. David is ranked as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in the field of Health Care Law.
David is an avid outdoorsman and huge soccer fan. Outside the office, you are likely to find David at a field or gym watching one of his three children play sports.
Contact This Attorney
To contact David Hunt, enter your email address and the message you want to send below. All fields are required.